Skip to main content

Nurse, 36, dies of coronavirus at hospital where she worked

Nurse, 36, dies of coronavirus at hospital where she worked
NewsColony

Areema Nasreen 'went above and beyond for everyone she met'
Areema Nasreen ‘went above and beyond for everyone she met’

Nurse Areema Nasreen, 36, has died of coronavirus at the hospital where she worked.

Formerly ‘fit and healthy’ Areema, from Walsall was a mum of three.

She worked at Walsall Manor Hospital for 16 years, though is believed to have started showing symptoms of the virus while on annual leave.

Her friend Rubi Aktar posted on Facebook to say: ‘She was the most loveliest, genuine person you could ever meet, she went above and beyond for everyone she met.

Areema Nasreen is a nurse at Walsall Manor Hospital (Picture: Google)
Walsall Manor Hospital (Picture: Google)

‘I’m so grateful that I had the honour to call her my best friend, she saw me at my best and my worst and accepted my every flaw. I am so broken that words can’t explain.

‘I can’t believe I will not see your smile again.

‘You made me the nurse that I am today, with your support, motivation and inspiration I am the nurse that I am today and I hope I can do you proud Areema.

Advertisement

Advertisement

‘I love you so much and I will never forget you. You had so much to live for, I am sorry you didn’t get to see your kids grow up and I’m sorry that you didn’t get to complete your career’.

Areema was put on a ventilator in intensive care – but although her condition is understood to have improved slightly last week, she took a turn for the worst and died in the early hours of this morning.

Areema Nasreen is a nurse at Walsall Manor Hospital (Picture: Walsall Healthcare)
Areema Nasreen was a nurse at Walsall Manor Hospital (Picture: Walsall Healthcare)

A relative said: ‘The immediate family are devastated. Everyone is in shock this morning.

‘She was always so full of life. She was devoted to her job as nurse, she absolutely loved it. She passed away doing what she loved.

‘I’m really sad for the rest of the family, she was a fantastic person.’

Areema, who worked as a staff nurse at Walsall Manor Hospital’s Acute Medical Unit, had previously said she’d wanted to be a nurse since she was a teenager, after caring for her nan who suffered a stroke.

Areema said: ‘I just wanted to be able to look after people, particularly those who are elderly and vulnerable.

‘I cry every morning because I am so happy that I have finally realised my dream of becoming a nurse.’

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Source : Metro | NewsColony: Trending

The post Nurse, 36, dies of coronavirus at hospital where she worked appeared first on NewsColony.



from WordPress https://ift.tt/3dWYdan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volunteers book hotel room for homeless man with SingapoRediscovers vouchers

NewsColony Volunteers book hotel room for homeless man with SingapoRediscovers vouchers © The Independent Singapore Singapore — A group of volunteers from the Mummy Yummy Singapore welfare organisation donated their SingapoRediscovers Vouchers to book a hotel room for a homeless man. The man, who was identified as Jayden, did not have a place to live while waiting for the Housing Board (HDB) to allocate him a rental flat. In a Facebook post on Mummy Yummy Singapore’s page on Wednesday (Dec 16), the volunteers said: “We used our $100 Rediscover Singapore vouchers to redeem hotel stay for him and successfully booked 9 days worth of stay at 3 days per voucher.” They added that they were unable to book a longer stay because of higher hotel rates over Christmas and New Year. The volunteers hoped that they would be able to bridge Jayden’s stay until he got a flat. “Thanks our government for giving us these vouchers which in return we can put them to good use for people in need,” th...

17 gifts from Oprah’s Favorite Things you can get by Christmas

NewsColony 17 gifts from Oprah’s Favorite Things you can get by Christmas (CNN) —   Oprah Winfrey has pretty impeccable taste, and this year, she’s gifted us once again with her Favorite Things list, available to shop via Amazon . We’ve gone through and pulled out some of our own favorite picks from the list, which features products for everyone on your holiday gift list at a range of prices. And while, obviously, it’s Oprah, so everything included is great, we especially love her picks from Black- and female-owned small businesses. Check out our top gift picks below, and browse all of Oprah’s Favorite Things on Amazon. Iconi Women’s Seamless High-Waisted Leggings ($45; amazon.com ) Iconi Women’s Seamless High-Waisted Leggings PHOTO: Amazon These comfortable leggings are designed to be everything you’ve always wanted in a pair: moisture-wicking, supportive and squatproof. Plus, they come in a ton of pretty heathered colors. “A Kids Book About…” ($15.96; amazon.c...

Disabled people are still vulnerable, even as COVID-19 normalizes their ‘special’ needs

Disabled people are still vulnerable, even as COVID-19 normalizes their ‘special’ needs NewsColony Perhaps it’s appropriate that public notices of the COVID-19 crisis began as an ableist cruelty. Health officials assured the nation that only the elderly and those with chronic health conditions would be seriously affected; most Americans (i.e., the normal people) would have only mild symptoms and be fine. x A friendly reminder: people who will be high-risk patients if we get coronavirus can hear you when you reassure everyone we’re the only ones who might die. — Alexandra Brodsky (@azbrodsky) February 29, 2020 Soon after the announcement of those assurances, the likelihood of high-risk people surviving was further limited by the people more likely to be fine. Shopping frenzies cleared stores of essential supplies needed everyday by many disabled people, like thermometers, hand wipes, masks, and IV infusion supplies. Accustomed to their needs ...