Skip to main content

Oprah Winfrey & Gayle King pick celebs they’d want to isolate with

NewsColony
Oprah Winfrey & Gayle King pick celebs they’d want to isolate with

Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King are together again — via video chat!

The longtime best friends reunited for a special Instagram Live edition of their “OG Chronicles” segment on the O, The Oprah Magazine Instagram on Friday, where they chatted about the current COVID-19 pandemic, how they’re coping at home, and which celebrity they would love to be quarantined with.

“Bradley Cooper, yeah,” Winfrey chimed in. “Bradley and I are good friends and we have really good conversations over texts, we have good conversations over the phone. When we’re together, we have great conversations. So, Bradley Cooper.”

As for King, well, she had two possible celebs. “I would choose The Rock if he wasn’t married. But since he is married, that’s a non-starter,” King said. “But I told you about the interview that I did with Maluma the other day? Maluma, that Latin sensation?”

“It’s not a boy, girlfriend kind of thing, but I found him so charming and so endearing and so smart, different than other kids in his class,” she continued. “He invited me to Colombia and you know I’ve always wanted to learn Spanish. So I think quarantining with him and just getting to know him and learn the language, I think would be great. He was a really, really, nice guy. I liked him.”

Winfrey then added, “And for me, Bradley, it’s not a boy/girl thing either…No disrespect to Stedman [Graham]. He’s just so fantastic to talk to.”

The two gal-pals also talked about being stuck at home and Winfrey not loving her gray hairs. The media mogul said she did not have any advice on how to embrace the lighter strands.

“I’ve had a lot of people tell me to embrace the gray, I’m not ready to do that,” Winfrey confessed. “Stedman has embraced his gray… I haven’t embraced the gray so I wouldn’t be the person to advise anyone on that.”

“I have a lot of people who haven’t seen their grays in years and their husbands are doing their hair,” she noted.

As for King, she added: “I say embrace your gray if you want to embrace your gray.”

The two also touched on Meghan Markle reading her son, Archie, a book that Winfrey gave him on his birthday.

“I did like it though, Oprah, when I saw Meghan read the story to Archie the other day and I saw Archie’s Book Club,” King told her friend. “I thought that was so cute.”

Winfrey then replied, “It’s my standard baby gift for people I really care about… I think I probably gave Archie, 100, 150 books. Of course, Goodnight Moon is in there…all the traditionals.”

Later, while giving advice on how to tell your partner that you need personal space during quarantine, Winfrey shared: “It is important to ask what you want…Being able to ask for the time that you need, that’s what it means to be surrounded by people who care about you.”

As for King, she did admit that, at least right now, she does wish she wasn’t single.

“I have never minded being single, my life is full,” she noted. “But times like this, I wish I had someone to share it with.”

ET chatted with King last month, where she also touched on how tough it has been for her to be single amid the pandemic. See what she told ET in the video below.

Pictures: Livestreams and concerts to watch while social distancing

Julia Roberts, Oprah Winfrey posing for the camera: Beginning Friday, May 1, at 8 p.m. EST and going through Saturday, May 2 at 8 p.m. EST, a 24-hour global event, "The Call to Unite," will be livestreamed on unite.us, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, LinkedIn and SiriusXM Stars channel 109. The event is a means of uniting people around the world to celebrate "our shared humanity." Stars including Oprah Winfrey, Julia Roberts, Questlove, Jennifer Garner, Martin Luther King III and Alanis Morissette are set to participate in the highly anticipated global effort.

Source: MSN

The post Oprah Winfrey & Gayle King pick celebs they’d want to isolate with appeared first on NewsColony.
NewsColony



from WordPress https://ift.tt/2Wiyh1V

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volunteers book hotel room for homeless man with SingapoRediscovers vouchers

NewsColony Volunteers book hotel room for homeless man with SingapoRediscovers vouchers © The Independent Singapore Singapore — A group of volunteers from the Mummy Yummy Singapore welfare organisation donated their SingapoRediscovers Vouchers to book a hotel room for a homeless man. The man, who was identified as Jayden, did not have a place to live while waiting for the Housing Board (HDB) to allocate him a rental flat. In a Facebook post on Mummy Yummy Singapore’s page on Wednesday (Dec 16), the volunteers said: “We used our $100 Rediscover Singapore vouchers to redeem hotel stay for him and successfully booked 9 days worth of stay at 3 days per voucher.” They added that they were unable to book a longer stay because of higher hotel rates over Christmas and New Year. The volunteers hoped that they would be able to bridge Jayden’s stay until he got a flat. “Thanks our government for giving us these vouchers which in return we can put them to good use for people in need,” th...

17 gifts from Oprah’s Favorite Things you can get by Christmas

NewsColony 17 gifts from Oprah’s Favorite Things you can get by Christmas (CNN) —   Oprah Winfrey has pretty impeccable taste, and this year, she’s gifted us once again with her Favorite Things list, available to shop via Amazon . We’ve gone through and pulled out some of our own favorite picks from the list, which features products for everyone on your holiday gift list at a range of prices. And while, obviously, it’s Oprah, so everything included is great, we especially love her picks from Black- and female-owned small businesses. Check out our top gift picks below, and browse all of Oprah’s Favorite Things on Amazon. Iconi Women’s Seamless High-Waisted Leggings ($45; amazon.com ) Iconi Women’s Seamless High-Waisted Leggings PHOTO: Amazon These comfortable leggings are designed to be everything you’ve always wanted in a pair: moisture-wicking, supportive and squatproof. Plus, they come in a ton of pretty heathered colors. “A Kids Book About…” ($15.96; amazon.c...

Disabled people are still vulnerable, even as COVID-19 normalizes their ‘special’ needs

Disabled people are still vulnerable, even as COVID-19 normalizes their ‘special’ needs NewsColony Perhaps it’s appropriate that public notices of the COVID-19 crisis began as an ableist cruelty. Health officials assured the nation that only the elderly and those with chronic health conditions would be seriously affected; most Americans (i.e., the normal people) would have only mild symptoms and be fine. x A friendly reminder: people who will be high-risk patients if we get coronavirus can hear you when you reassure everyone we’re the only ones who might die. — Alexandra Brodsky (@azbrodsky) February 29, 2020 Soon after the announcement of those assurances, the likelihood of high-risk people surviving was further limited by the people more likely to be fine. Shopping frenzies cleared stores of essential supplies needed everyday by many disabled people, like thermometers, hand wipes, masks, and IV infusion supplies. Accustomed to their needs ...