Skip to main content

‘Bachelor: Summer Games’ Canceled Amid Coronavirus Outbreak

‘Bachelor: Summer Games’ Canceled Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
NewsColony

No summer romance! The Bachelor: Summer Games has been canceled by ABC, Us Weekly can confirm.

The spinoff, which was never officially announced, would’ve featured an international cast and aired during the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in July.

ABC producers had been planning a summer edition similar to the 2018 Bachelor: Winter Games, which ran at the same time as the Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea, but Us has confirmed that the coronavirus pandemic has halted the potential Bachelor Nation spinoff.

Bachelor Summer Games Canceled Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
Blake Horstmann and Kristina Schulman in ‘Bachelor Summer Games.’ ABC/John Fleenor

The Tokyo games have been postponed until July 2021, but there is no word on whether Bachelor producers will resurrect Summer Games next year to coincide with the new dates.

An ABC executive previously spoke about the possible cast for the summer show, naming Hannah Brown as a potential contestant.

“Hannah B has also said, ‘I find this interesting,’ because she likes to win,” SVP of Alternative Programming for ABC Entertainment Robert Mills said during SiriusXM’s March 3 episode of The Bachelor Recap radio show. “She likes to win.”

Mills told fans during an appearance on the Ringer’s “Bachelor Party” podcast last month that he would also “love to see” Jordan Rodgers or Colton Underwood take part in the show. (Underwood, 28, is currently recovering from coronavirus).

Even though the men are both in relationships, with women they met on The Bachelorette and The Bachelor, Mills was open to Rodgers’ fiancée, JoJo Fletcher, making an appearance and shaking up the past format of the competition series.

“I think it’s going to be really fun,” the exec said during the February podcast. “We found a really great place to hold it. I mean, it’s going to be so fun seeing these people in these great, you know, track and field and swimming. This is a real Olympics.”

Bachelor: Summer Games is the latest show on ABC’s slate to be switched due to COVID-19.

Season 16 of The Bachelorette featuring Clare Crawley opted not to begin filming after the virus began to spread in March.

“There have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 on any of our productions, but the health and safety of our employees, casts and crews remains our top priority,” Warner Bros. Television Group told Us in a statement on March 13.

A few days prior, Chris Harrison told Entertainment Tonight on March 11 that The Bachelor: Summer Games was “highly unlikely” to move forward because a “key component of [the show] is getting foreigners in our country.”

The Bachelor Presents: Listen to Your Heart is still set to premiere on ABC on Monday, April 13, at 8 p.m. ET.

Given the constantly evolving nature of COVID-19, Us Weekly wants our readers to have access to the most accurate resources. For the most up-to-date coronavirus information, guidance and support, consult the CDCWHO and information from local public health officials. If you’re experiencing coronavirus symptoms, call your primary care provider for medical advice.

Listen on Spotify to Here For the Right Reasons to get inside scoop about the Bachelor franchise and exclusive interviews from contestants.

Source : US Magazine | NewsColony: Entertainment News

The post ‘Bachelor: Summer Games’ Canceled Amid Coronavirus Outbreak appeared first on NewsColony.



from WordPress https://ift.tt/3ax9EDd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volunteers book hotel room for homeless man with SingapoRediscovers vouchers

NewsColony Volunteers book hotel room for homeless man with SingapoRediscovers vouchers © The Independent Singapore Singapore — A group of volunteers from the Mummy Yummy Singapore welfare organisation donated their SingapoRediscovers Vouchers to book a hotel room for a homeless man. The man, who was identified as Jayden, did not have a place to live while waiting for the Housing Board (HDB) to allocate him a rental flat. In a Facebook post on Mummy Yummy Singapore’s page on Wednesday (Dec 16), the volunteers said: “We used our $100 Rediscover Singapore vouchers to redeem hotel stay for him and successfully booked 9 days worth of stay at 3 days per voucher.” They added that they were unable to book a longer stay because of higher hotel rates over Christmas and New Year. The volunteers hoped that they would be able to bridge Jayden’s stay until he got a flat. “Thanks our government for giving us these vouchers which in return we can put them to good use for people in need,” th...

Disabled people are still vulnerable, even as COVID-19 normalizes their ‘special’ needs

Disabled people are still vulnerable, even as COVID-19 normalizes their ‘special’ needs NewsColony Perhaps it’s appropriate that public notices of the COVID-19 crisis began as an ableist cruelty. Health officials assured the nation that only the elderly and those with chronic health conditions would be seriously affected; most Americans (i.e., the normal people) would have only mild symptoms and be fine. x A friendly reminder: people who will be high-risk patients if we get coronavirus can hear you when you reassure everyone we’re the only ones who might die. — Alexandra Brodsky (@azbrodsky) February 29, 2020 Soon after the announcement of those assurances, the likelihood of high-risk people surviving was further limited by the people more likely to be fine. Shopping frenzies cleared stores of essential supplies needed everyday by many disabled people, like thermometers, hand wipes, masks, and IV infusion supplies. Accustomed to their needs ...

Harry and Meghan’s ‘£4million a year’ security bill for new life in California

Harry and Meghan’s ‘£4million a year’ security bill for new life in California NewsColony Harry and Meghan have agreed to pay for the cost of their security personally, the Mail can reveal – which could cost them £4million a year. A spokesman for the couple confirmed last night that they had decided to meet the burden met by British taxpayers and fund the cost of their protection out of their own pockets after stepping down as senior working royals.  Their security personnel will reportedly consist of former SAS soldiers at a cost of £400 per operative per day.  Harry and Meghan have agreed to pay for the cost of their security personally, the Mail can reveal – which could cost them £4million a year  Prince Charles will continue to pay for the upkeep of his son and daughter-in-law for the first 12 months of their new life out of his private funds, not the Duchy of Cornwall. But it is understood that this money will not be used for their protection. A Sussex s...